Happy Wednesday everyone! This is my very first post of my new series: Weight Loss Wednesday’s (or WLW). And for my first post I thought it would be fitting to give a bit of a background on my weight, and what my goals are.
Most of my life I was a healthy weight, curvy but far from overweight. Then I met my husband… I think I put on 25lbs within the first 3 years of us being together… Yikes right? Then I managed to lose a bit of it… And a few years later I got pregnant with my son – during that pregnancy I gained 70lbs, losing 40 almost instantly… The other 30 not so much. With my daughter I gained 30, and lost 20 pretty quick… and that’s where I am now. For those keeping track I am now 65lbs over my ideal weight… And it’s because I’m lazy.
Before going back to work I was exercising regularly, eating well and drinking a ton of water… But since returning to work I have *adopted* a life of convenience… Fast food in the truck on the way to work in the morning, fast food in the truck on the way to taking bobby to school at lunch, fast food on the way home from taekwondo… And I don’t take the time to exercise in the evening – choosing instead to watch tv… And instead of burning calories… I consume more.
• 65lbs overweight
• BMI of 34.7 (Obese)
• 65lbs obviously is what I want gone
• I am aiming for 1.5 lbs a week – knowing that I will probably drop a few quickly, and then it may take a bit to start seeing regular loss
• I will be re-implementing my reward system – with a strict no buy in place until I reach a milestone (10lbs)
• Water water and more water
• Slow and steady – I’m going to implement small changes every week, and I’m also going to exercise a minimum of 30 minutes every day. I know I have the time, I just have to make it happen.
• I am going to track my calorie intake using My Fitness Pal, and my water with Waterlogged.
• My weekly updates will include how I’m doing, what my challenges have been… my successes and when I stumble.
My first small step
I am going to stop drinking my calories, except for my daily Starbucks Maple Macchiato.. because mama needs her coffee. I estimate this alone will cut down 200 – 300 calories a day, or 1400 – 2100 a week while also encouraging me to drink more water!If anyone out there is starting their journey, or in the middle of it… I’d love to put together a private Facebook group or something so we can get through this together. No quick fixes, crash diets, or product sales… just straight up support and motivation to eat better and exercise.
What’s your favorite healthy snack?