Anyone else counting down the days until Christmas already? I am so ready for the holidays this year. My husband and I took Monday off and got most of our Christmas shopping done for the kids, which is easily a month ahead of what we normally manage to get done. I love the ‘hustle and bustle’ of holiday shopping though (is that weird?) so I’ll find some excuse to shop in December. On to today’s review…
Too Faced Merry Macarons is (unfortunately for us Canadians) an Ulta exclusive. It includes 12 (0.47oz) vanilla scented shades, a deluxe sample (0.17oz) of Better Than Sex Mascara, and comes in the cutest packaging. I think I took more photos of the packaging than the product itself… it’s just so… pink!
• Coconut (warm beige)
• Dulce De Leche (matte caramel brown)
• Banana Cream (warm golden medium brown)
• Almond Mocha (cool dark taupe)
• Champagne Rose (golden pink)
• Mint Chocolate (matte warm dusty purple)
• Tiramisu (matte soft fawn)
• Chocolate Raspberry (deep amethyst)
• Praline (warm gold shimmer)
• Honey Lavender (pale mauve)
• Violet Cassis (vibrant orchid)
• Cookies & Cream (matte black w/ silver sparkle)
This is a very neutral palette, with Violet Cassis being the exception. I was surprised at how pigmented the entire bottom row was… unfortunately the lighting wasn’t cooperating with me and I don’t feel the swatches do them justice, it shows up a bit better in the look that I did which is also below. The vanilla scent is very delicate, lighter than the chocolate bar palettes, but just as lovely to smell first thing in the morning.
This definitely isn’t a must-have… the shades aren’t groundbreaking, but it is a beautiful palette. The shadows all apply and blend wonderfully, and the packaging is adorable, so if you can get your hands on it I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!
All comments and opinions are honest and my own.