Happy Friday everyone! This week’s feature in ‘palette’s I bought months ago and haven’t reviewed yet’: The Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette.
My husband actually bought this for me for Christmas. I unintentionally spoiled the surprise so he begrudgingly gave it to me early. I am in love with this limited edition palette… and honestly would have bought it regardless of the shades because it’s a collab between one of my favourite brands and one of my favourite artists.
First off, the packaging. To be blunt… It’s freaking gorgeous. I still haven’t thrown away the box that it came in because even it is just so pretty (I’ll let the pictures do the talking!). It closes magnetically and the mirror inside is as large as the palette, making it perfect for travel. I love how the shadows are laid out, and the mix of matte’s and shimmers make it easy to create a look without pulling out other shadows.
This palette contains 15 x 0.04 oz Eye shadows (swatches without primer below):
• Blonde (pale beige/pink iridescent shift)
• Bathwater (pale beige with gold pearl)
• Skimp (pale nude satin)
• Steady (medium rose/metallic gold shift)
• Punk (reddish brown matte)
• Baby (cool metallic rose)
• Anaheim (light taupe-brown matte)
• Stark (nude-pink matte)
• Zone (medium brown matte)
• Serious (smoky gray with iridescent floating pearl)
• Pop (pale coral with iridescent sparkle)
• Harajuku (metallic blue-pink/iridescent micro-shimmer)
• Danger (deep metallic royal blue/blue micro-sparkle)
• 1987 (bright metallic yellow-gold)
• Blackout (blackest black matte)
The look below is with Stark, Anaheim, and Zone in the crease, a mix of Serious and Punk in the outer corner, Steady on the lid with a bit of Pop patted in the middle with my finger, and a bit of Blonde in the inner corner and on my browbone. The palette also came with 4 samples of the new UDxGS lipsticks so I paired with Ex-Girlfriend